Wu10Man – Windows 10 Update Manager– Manage and prevent the automatic updates from Windows 10 from running at the most inappropriate moments using this straightforward tool
Despite the fact that it looks better and packs several handy features compared to its previous versions, Windows 10 can be quite a nuisance when it comes to updating. To put it simply, the operating system enforced automatic updates that sometimes roll at the most inopportune moments.
Wu10Man is a tool designed to help you manage the irritating automatic updates by configuring the group policy or disabling various services and URLs.
Features of Wu10Man – Windows 10 Update Manager Tool
Seamlessly disable the downloading links and services associated with updates
- The program comes with a user-friendly interface that displays the three ways you can manage and prevent the automatic updates, namely Windows Services, Windows Update Group Policy and the host services from where the patches are typically downloaded.
- Generally speaking, there are two services responsible for running the updates, Windows Update Service and Windows Module Installer. What the app does is also disable the tasks associated with them and hence, you can be sure they are not turned on after reboot.
- Considering that you are writing to the registry, changing host files and altering services, it goes without saying that you need to be logged in with Administrative Rights. At the same time, you should be aware the certain antiviruses can pick it as potential malware.
A handy utility for managing the automatic updates specific to Windows 10
- While you can argue that you can achieve the same results by disabling some services and setting a group policy, this is not always enough to prevent the updates. Besides, let’s not forget that accessing the Group Policy Editor is not possible for Windows 10 Home for instance.
- All in all, Wu10Man is a handy application that allows you to access and make the necessary modifications to the group policy and disabling the services that activate automatically whenever an update is released for Windows 10.
You can also downloadW10Privacy for PC
Developer: Home Page