Ventoyis available as a free download from our software library. This is a lightweight tool that provides a quick way to make bootable USB drives from ISO files. Reinstalling your operating system via a bootable USB comes with the advantage that you do not need to spend time formatting the disk. Instead, you simply insert the USB in the dedicated port and reboot your PC.
While there are numerous tools that create bootable USB, most of them rely on the OS’s kernel which needs to access the hardware storage media for the source. The idea behind the program is different and entails that the information is saved to runtime memory before booting. Therefore, the OS can determine that the data is booted from a virtual disk, find the source medium needed for the operation and continue to boot without having to create the standard hook, as with the classic booting.
It is worth mentioning that the tool allows you to add as many ISO files as you want, case in which, you are welcomed by a menu following the boot. The program supports ISO files over 4 GB as well native UEFI and Legacy BIOS and it works with dozens of operating systems, as the developer states there have been more than 160 files tested.
Features of Ventoy Full Download
- Simple to use
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Directly boot from iso file, no extraction needed
- Legacy + UEFI supported in the same way
- UEFI Secure Boot supported (since 1.0.07+) Notes
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported
- Native boot menu style for Legacy & UEFI
- Most type of OS supported, 200+ iso files tested
- Not only boot but also complete installation process
- “Ventoy Compatible” concept
- Plugin Framework
- Readonly to USB drive during boot
- USB normal use unafftected
- Data nondestructive during version upgrade
- No need to update Ventoy when a new distro is released
Developer: Home Page